An interesting question was raised at the meeting of a large European organization starting a deep cultural change initiative.
The leadership qualities that senior managers will be encouraged to learn are e.g.:
- Being open to change and to new ideas
- Having a trusting, respectful attitude towards people
- Empathy and listening
- Being proud – of the team and of the organization rather than of themselves
- Speaking the truth, being able to give negative feedback with compassion and positive feedback with enthusiasm
- Being authentic and adopt a human posture
- Being a “servant leader”
The question was:
Are these leadership qualities that we could call “feminine”?
What do you think?